JW Fisher SSS-450/900Khz Side Scan Sonar Features
- Easy transport (Pelican case included)
- Fully Digital
- Ultra-High Resolution imaging
- Keel weight included
- Lightweight for one person deployment
- Complete turnkey package
- Low cost and easy operation
- Simultaneous Dual Frequency Operation
- Powered by AC or DC
JW Fishers 450/950 kHz side scan sonar system was designed in tangent with multiple global search and rescue teams and commercial surveyors focusing in water depths less than 1,000 feet (300m). The new platform is an extremely high-resolution digital sonar system ideal for search and recovery missions! The 450/900 system utilizes CHIRP technology which provides higher resolution imagery at ranges up to 50% greater than non-CHIRP (continuous wave) systems operating at the same frequency. The Dual Simultaneous Transmission allows the operator to have both frequencies running simultaneously and allows for multiple viewing options on the screen based on personal preferences. The system was developed to serve the industry’s evolving technological requirements at the economical price point you expect from JW Fishers.
Side scan sonar is one of the most effective tools for underwater exploration because it can search a large area quickly and produce a detailed picture of anything on the bottom, regardless of water clarity. When looking at a side scan image, it appears the water has been removed, and the operator is getting an unobstructed view of the ocean floor, lake bottom, or river bed. High-resolution images are sent from the towfish to a topside Microsoft Surface® tablet (included with purchase) mounted to the inside of the control box lid.
The standard system comes with 150 feet of kevlar reinforced cable, a towfish that easily fits into a watertight case (included), an underwater connector allowing easy cable removal from towfish, a Microsoft Surface® tablet, a system control box and a newly updated SONAR VIEW 2 software.
Fishers updated SONAR VIEW software gives the operator complete control over the side scan’s operating parameters, ease of use and added features not previously seen while still allowing various scan ranges and color schemes. The main features of the updated software include touchscreen functionality, an easier user interface and a more modern feel. With included GPS positioning hardware, coordinates are automatically captured in the data. Move the mouse on a target, and position coordinates are displayed on the screen. Annotations can be added to images and stored. All files are stored in the industry standard XTF format for viewing and playback.
Fisher’s SSS-450/900Khz side scan sonar comes with a 1,000-foot depth rated towfish, 150 feet of cable (Kevlar reinforced), a Microsoft Surface® tablet, a GPS, a Pelican transport case and Fishers SONAR VIEW 2 software.
An optional GETAC S410 Semi-Rugged Laptop is available for small, open-boat operations. Raising the bar on the semi-rugged notebook class, the new S410 is MIL-STD-810G certified, more rugged, slimmer and lighter than ever. The all-new S410 boasts the latest computing innovations, including a significant CPU performance boost, massive graphics enhancements, and many game-changing capabilities and options. The S410 puts unmatched power and adaptability into the hands of professionals in field service, manufacturing, and public safety sectors.
Each side scan system is backed by Fishers exclusive, unconditional TWO-YEAR warranty.
- Included Hardware – Getac ® Rugged Laptop
- Operating System – Microsoft Windows 10 or higher
- Data Acquisition and Display Software – JW Fishers Sonar View
- Power Input – 9-36 Vdc 20w – 75w (with Tablet)
- Frequencies (Dual Simultaneous) – 450 kHz / 950 kHz
- Pulse type CW or CHIRP
- Construction – High Impact PVC
- Towfish size – 4”D x 39” @ 36 lbs.
- Case size – 45” x 15” x 13”
- Depth Rating – 1,000 feet (300m)
- Standard Sensors – depth, pitch, heading and roll
- Range: 450kHz – 150m; 950kHz -75m
- Beam width – 450 kHz Horizontal: 0.44°; Vertical 45°
– 900 kHz Horizontal: 0.28°; Vertical 40°
- Resoulution Across Track: 450kHz – 2.4cm; 950kHz – 1cm
- Recommended tow speed (for best image) 1-3 kt.
- Extra Cable – ADDITIONAL cable up to 2,000 feet (~600m)
- GETAC® S140 (instead of laptop) – S410 (or equivalent) semi-rugged 14” laptop, MIL-STD 810H certified
- Sonar Coverage Mapping software – Software that displays boat track and area scanned.
- DDW-1 Deep Dive Wing – Depressor wing allow for deeper towing with less cable.
- CMS-1 – Cable management system for up to 250 feet (~75m) of ROV cable
- CMS-2 – Cable management system for up to 1000 feet (~300m) of ROV cable
JW Fisher Side Scan Sonar Models:
Sonar system that includes a Dell laptop PC, SONAR VIEW software, cable connector, 500 foot (~150m) depth-rated fish and 150 feet (~45m) of cable and waterproof Pelican® transport case
SSS-450kHz/900kHz Dual Frequency Side Scan Sonar:
CHIRP sonar system that includes an MS Surface tablet, Sonar View software, waterproof Pelican® transport case, 1,000 foot (~300m) depth-rated fish, cable connector and 150 feet (~45m) of cable
Extra Cable: ADDITIONAL cable up to 2,000 feet (~600m)
Sonar Coverage Map – SSS: Software that displays boat track and area scanned.
GETAC® Laptop: S410 (or equivalent) semi-rugged 14” laptop, MIL-STD 810H certified
DDW-1 Deep Dive Wing: Depressor wing allow for deeper towing with less cable.
CMS-1: Cable management system for up to 250 feet (~75m) of ROV cable
CMS-2: Cable management system for up to 1000 feet (~300m) of ROV cable