JW Fisher SeaOtter-2 ROV Features
• Pan and Tilt Front and Rear Color Cameras
• Comes with a Standard 250 ft of cable
• Additional cable up to 500 ft can be ordered
• 500 Foot Depth Rated Housing
• Spare Wires in Umbilical
• 10.4 Inch Ultra Bright Color Monitor
• 4 Motors, Vairable Speed, Reversible
• Two 2200 Lumen LED Lights
• 3 Knot Forward Speed
• Highly Portable System
• Leak Detection Circuitry
The JW Fisher SeaOtter-2 is the next generation of Fisher’s very popular SeaOtter ROV. With pan and tilt cameras in both front and rear, it is perfect for pipeline inspections, river and ocean searches, dam inspections, oil and gas platform work, fish farms, oceanographic research, an inspection of hazardous sites, and almost every type of underwater search or inspection operation. This ROV can dramatically reduce search time and the high costs associated with diver-based inspections. With the SeaOtter-2, your team can locate, inspect, and videotape a target without entering the water. The SeaOtter can also narrow the search area so when divers are required, their time is spent on the target instead of swimming grid patterns. When outfitted with a metal detector (JW Fishers RMD-1), the ROV can search for weapons, unexploded ordnance, pipelines, anchors, buried treasure, or other metallic objects.
Control box cover with built-in monitor can be removed for custom positioning or mounting.
The SeaOtter-2 sends its video picture to a topside 10.4-inch high-resolution ultra-bright color monitor which is built into the Control Box cover. Video output in the Control Box allows an additional remote monitor to be used simultaneously. An adjustable video amplifier on the Control Panel allows operator adjustment of the video picture to optimize picture quality for water clarity. A DVR recorder can be connected to the Control Box to make a permanent record. The Control Box also contains an audio amplifier with an input jack on the Control Panel for audio recording.
The Control Panel also contains an LCD readout that displays the overall status of the system.
The ROV has a sophisticated four motor propulsion system; two motors for forward and reverse, and two motors for vertical and lateral thrust. All motors are reversible and operate at variable speeds. An off-the-shelf PS2 controller (supplied) controls the system. A joystick controls the horizontal motors (forward/reverse and turning) – it can hover “in place” and rotate 360 degrees; and the second joystick controls the vertical motors (up/down and lateral movement). A wireless PS2 controller can also be used.
Illumination is provided by two 2200 lumen, high-intensity LEDs for the front camera and an “ultra-bright” LED cluster for the rear camera.
At 43 pounds, the ROV is highly portable and very “user-friendly.” With the optional spare parts kit, the ROV is completely field maintainable. The carrying case is included. JW Fishers SeaOtter-2 ROV system represents a breakthrough in cost/performance for a commercial-grade ROV. This high-performance system competes with systems more than twice the price. The SeaOtter-2 is backed by Fishers 2 year exclusive, UNCONDITIONAL warranty.
The system has two color cameras (front and back) with a 4mm wide-angle lens. The camera’s 90-degree tilt allows a full 140-degree vertical viewing. The camera’s 90-degree pan allows an additional 140 degrees of horizontal viewing. Pushbuttons on the PS2 control both pan and tilt. Camera selection, front or back, is operator selectable from the Control Panel.
Fishers ROVs are in use worldwide by US and foreign military, state and federal agencies, universities, search and rescue groups, and many commercial diving companies. These high-performance underwater camera systems can make public safety search operations less dangerous by assisting in the location of drowning victims and recovery of evidence. They help eliminate the need to dive in difficult or dangerous conditions, whether it be a low visibility environment or a dive beyond no-decompression limits.
Pan and Tilt Cameras (front and back) with LED lighting.
• Camera/Lens – 1/3” Super HAD CCD II color day/night, 4mm, 55 deg vertical by 70 deg horizontal lens, 700 lines, .0001 lux, 90-degree pan and tilt, auto iris.
• Cable – comes with a 250-foot cable – additional cable up to a total of 500 feet can be ordered as an option
• Monitor – 10.4 inches, high resolution, ultra-bright, color.
• Lighting – 2 dimmable, high-intensity LEDs (2200 lumens each) on the front, Ultra-bright LED ring in the rear
• Motors – Four DC PM type, reversible, variable speed, proportional controlled, 6+lbs. Thrust each motor, 3 knots.
• Operating Depth – 500 feet (~151m)
• Sealing – Five separate housings, O-ring sealed, a leak detector in each housing, motors use “no maintenance” rotary seals.
• Power requirements – 120 VAC, 5 amps, 600w max.
• On-screen display – basic display for time, date and GPS comes standard
• SeaOtter – 23”L x 16”W x 12”H – 43 lbs.
• Control Box – 17”L x 12”W x 8.5”H – 23 lbs.
• Cable – 0.5”D x 250’ to 500’ – 30/60 lbs.
• Monitor (built into case) – 10.4”
• Extra cable up to a total of 500 feet (~152m)
• CMS-1: Cable management system for up to 250 feet
• CMS-2: Cable management system for up to 1000 feet
• Spare parts kit
• Manipulator arm
• SCAN-650 scanning sonar
• 220vac (Europe)
• DVR Recorder
• Attached metal detector (RMD-1)
• PAL camera and monitor (Europe)
• GoPro® HD camera
JW Fisher SeaOtter-2 ROV
High performance ROV with 500 foot (~150m) depth capability, two “pan and tilt” .08 lux 1000L color cameras, built-in 10.5″ ultra bright color monitor, with 250 feet (~75m) of cable, 120 vac
Extra Cable: ADDITIONAL cable up to a total of 500 feet (~150m)
Basic spare parts kit: Complete motor assembly, seals, dome, LED light and extra hardware
On screen display: Included Basic display for time / date / GPS
-Additional sensors: Compass / depth /temperature
External DVR: External video recorder
220 vac transformer: Allows ROV to be powered from 220 volts
Manipulator Arm: Single function (open/close) arm mounted to ROV
RMD-1: Metal detector mounts on ROV that detects all meta
GoPro® HD camera: HD camera attached to ROV for capturing high definition video with 1,000 foot (~300m) depth capable housing.
SCAN-650B: Sector scanning sonar that mounts on ROV.
CMS-1: Cable management system for up to 250 feet (~75m) of ROV cable.
CMS-2: Cable management system for up to 1,000 feet (~300m) of ROV cable.