JW Fisher SeaLion-2 ROV Features
• Pan and Tilt Front and Rear Color Cameras
• Comes with a 250-foot cable
• Additional cable up to a total of 1,500 feet can be ordered
• 1,000 feet (~304m) Depth Rated Housing
• Spare Wires in Umbilical
• 15 Inch Ultra Bright Color Monitor
• 4 Hi Output Motors, Vairable Speed, Reversible
• Two 2200 Lumen LED Lights
• Power Boost Circuit
• 4 Knot Forward Speed
• Highly Portable System
• Leak Detection Circuitry
The JW Fisher SeaLion-2 is the next generation of Fisher’s very popular SeaLion ROV. More powerful than our SeaOtter, it has more options available and can handle 1,000-foot depths and operate with up to 1,500 feet of cable. With pan and tilt cameras in both front and rear (with optional side cameras available), it is perfect for pipeline inspections, river and ocean searches, dam inspections, oil and gas work, fish farms, oceanographic research, an inspection of hazardous sites, and almost every type of underwater search or inspection operation. This ROV can dramatically reduce search time and the high costs associated with diver-based inspections. With the Sealion-2, your team can locate, inspect, and videotape a target without entering the water. The SeaLion can also narrow the search area so when divers are required; their time is spent on the target instead of swimming grid patterns. When outfitted with a metal detector (JW Fishers RMD-1), the ROV can search for weapons, unexploded ordnance, pipelines, anchors, buried treasure, or other metallic objects.
Control box cover with built-in monitor can be removed for custom positioning or mounting.
The SeaLion-2 sends its video picture to a topside 15”, high resolution, ultra-bright color monitor built into the Control Box cover. Video output in the Control Box allows an additional remote monitor to be used simultaneously. An adjustable video amplifier on the Control Panel allows operator adjustment of the video picture to optimize picture quality for water clarity. The operator can connect an optional built-in DVR or external DVR recorder to the control cox to create a permanent record. The Control Box also contains an audio amplifier with an input jack on the Control Panel for audio recording.
The Control Panel also contains an LCD readout that displays the overall status of the system.
The ROV has a powerful and sophisticated four-motor propulsion system; two motors for forward and reverse and two motors for vertical and lateral thrust. The high output motors are reversible and operate at variable speeds. An off-the-shelf PS2 controller (supplied) operates the system. A joystick controls the horizontal motors (forward/reverse and turning) – it can hover “in place” and rotate 360 degrees. The second joystick controls the vertical motors (up/down and lateral movement). A wireless PS2 controller can also be used.
When a high water current situation arises where extra power is needed, a button on the controller increases the maximum power available by 30%, significantly increasing thrust.
Illumination is provided by two 2200 lumen, high-intensity LEDs for the front camera and an “ultra-bright” LED cluster for the rear camera.
At 43 pounds, the ROV is highly portable and very “user-friendly.” With the optional spare parts kit, the ROV is completely field maintainable. JW Fishers SeaLion-2 ROV system represents a breakthrough in cost/performance for a commercial grade ROV. This high-performance system competes with ROVs more than twice the price.
The system has two color cameras (front and back) with a 4mm wide-angle lens. The camera’s 90-degree tilt allows a full 140-degree vertical viewing. The camera’s 90-degree pan allows an additional 140 degrees of horizontal viewing. Pushbuttons on the PS2 control both pan and tilt. Camera selection, front or back, is operator selectable from the Control Panel.
Fishers ROVs are in use worldwide by US and foreign military, state and federal agencies, universities, search and rescue groups, and many commercial diving companies. These high-performance underwater camera systems can make public safety search operations less dangerous by assisting in the location of drowning victims and recovery of evidence. They help eliminate the need to dive in difficult or dangerous conditions, whether it be a low visibility environment or a dive beyond no-decompression limits.
Pan and Tilt Cameras (front and back) with LED lighting.
• Camera/Lens – 1/3” Super HAD CCD II color day/night, 4mm, 55 deg vertical by 70 deg horizontal lens, 700 lines, .0001 lux, 90-degree pan and tilt, auto iris.
• Cable – comes with a 250-foot cable – additional cable up to a total of 1,500 feet can be ordered as an option
• Monitor – 15 inches, high resolution, ultra-bright, color.
• Lighting – 2 dimmable, high-intensity LEDs (2200 lumens each) on the front, Ultra-bright LED ring in the rear
• Motors – Four DC PM type, reversible, variable speed, proportional controlled, 7+lbs. Thrust each motor, 4 knots.
• Operating Depth – 1,000 feet (~304m)
• Sealing – Five separate housings, O-ring sealed, a leak detector in each housing, motors use “no maintenance” rotary seals.
• Power requirements – 120 VAC, 8 amps, 900w max.
• On-screen display – basic display for time, date and GPS comes standard
• SeaLion – 23”L x 16”W x 12”H – 43 lbs.
• Control Box – 17”L x 12”W x 8.5”H – 23 lbs.
• Cable – 0.6”D x 250’ to 1500’ – 30/60 lbs., neutrally boyant
• Monitor (built into case) – 15”
• Extra cable up to a total of 1,500 feet (~457m)
• CMS-1: Cable management system for up to 250 feet of cable
• CMS-2: Cable management system for up to 1000 feet of cable
• Spare parts kit
• Manipulator arm
• SCAN-650 scanning sonar
• Video Text Overlay
• 220vac (Europe)
• External DVR Recorder
• Built-in DVR Recorder
• Attached metal detector (RMD-1)
• Auto Distance Off Bottom
• Auto Depth
• PAL camera and monitor (Europe)
• GoPro® HD camera
JW Fisher SeaLion-2 ROV
High performance ROV with 1,000 foot (~300m) depth capability, two “pan and tilt” .08 lux, 700L color cameras, built-in 15″ ultra bright color monitor with 250 feet (~75m) of cable, 120vac
Extra Cable: ADDITIONAL cable up to a total of 1,500 feet (~450m)
Basic spare parts kit: Complete motor assembly, seals, dome, LED light and extra hardware
On screen display: Included Basic display for time / date / GPS
-Additional sensors: Compass / depth /temperature
-Auto depth control: For SeaLion-2 ONLY
Distance off Bottom: Displayed on-screen (SeaLion-2 ONLY)
-Auto distance off bottom: For SeaLion-2 ONLY
Video text overlay: Accepts a standard PS2 keyboard input (SeaLion-2 ONLY)
Additional color cameras: 2 additional cameras mounted on side of ROV (SeaLion-2 ONLY)
Built in DVR: Digital video recorder (SeaLion-2 ONLY)
External DVR: External video recorder
220 vac transformer: Allows ROV to be powered from 220 volts
Manipulator Arm: Single function (open/close) arm mounted to ROV
RMD-1: Metal detector mounts on ROV that detects all meta
GoPro® HD camera: HD camera attached to ROV for capturing high definition video with 1,000 foot (~300m) depth capable housing.
SCAN-650B: Sector scanning sonar that mounts on ROV.
CMS-1: Cable management system for up to 250 feet (~75m) of ROV cable.
CMS-2: Cable management system for up to 1,000 feet (~300m) of ROV cable.